Monday, June 22, 2015

 

When you first hear the words, "You have cancer", you stop breathing, your gut tightens,your mind goes into a panic mode and you think, they must not be talking to me.  I broke out in a cold sweat and wanted to start crying, but I held it in until I left the office.  I figure this is private, my anger, fear, grief, denial, I didn't want to share, not with banyone at that point.  I was wrong, sharing helps you get past all the fear, you really NEED to find a support group, a person, someone, someplace, who is where you are, who understands and relates to all you are going through and will be going through.  First, thank you for visiting this site, if this is you, stay with me, follow my journey, email me, skype me, ask, cry, yell, be mad, be sad, I do understand.  Let's get through this together.  If you are the loved one of a person suffering from a chronic illness, several chronic illnesses, cancer,you stay too and learn how you can help.  Share this blog with all you know.  This is a real, life and blood journey.  Share your stories with the readers, offering hope to others.  Be real, be honest, don't sugar coat your feelings or make excuses.  You have the right to be mad, sad.  Losing control over your body is a horrible thing.  


Just do not forget, ever, YOU are not alone.  I have your hand, your heart in mine, I care and want to make this journey peaceful for you, accepting what is, doing what we can do to feel better, going on, preparing ourselves and our loved ones for the time when we have to leave.  In one of my posts in this blog, there is a list to do, check it out and have it ready.  I care so much for you.

 

 

WHAT CANCER CANNOT DO


Cancer is so limited that:


It cannot cripple love

It cannot shatter hope

It cannot corrode faith

It cannot destroy peace

It cannot kill friendship

It cannot suppress memories

It cannot silence courage

It cannot invade the soul

It cannot steal eternal life

It cannot conquer the spirit




Cancernet-UK is a resource for individuals and their families living with and after cancer. It describes the treatments, their side effects and  tips on how to cope with them. Professionals and patients have teamed up to provide evidence based advice  emphasising the benefits of self help and lifestyle to improve well-being, reduce the risk of relapse and improve long term fulfilling survival.


http://www.cancernet.co.uk/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment